Monday, October 20, 2008

Introducing: THE FELICE BROTHERS American Musicians

I heard this song on WXPN some time back, and I'm sure many of us could say this, "it stuck with me." WXPN is doing a fund-drive, as is WITF - the local public radio station. This isn't a shameless plug for them, but I do encourage the use and support of public radio, and television. I love PBS, NPR, and what else...I think I'm starting to love this band.



I know that I love this song, "Frankie's Gun". The band is touring right now (I'll try to find the list and post it below).

Here are the Brothers on NPR/XPN's World Cafe

Whiskey in My Whiskey

With Bright Eyes, Felice Brothers do a Tom Petty Cover

Hey, low & behold, they have a website

Hot stuff, personally, that's how I see it. But what do you say, ya'll?

What do you think - any comments?


October 2008
Wednesday 22 | Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA - more info
Thursday 23 | Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA - more info
Friday 24 | Mission Theater, Portland, OR - more info
Saturday 25 | Chop Suey, Seattle, WA - more info
Monday 27 | The Post Theatre at University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT - more info
Tuesday 28 | Fox Theatre, Boulder, CO - more info
November 2008
Saturday 1 | WDST Presents - HV Food Bank Benefit at Catskill Point, Catskill Point, NY - more info
Sunday 2 | Spiegelworld at Fulton Fish Market, New York, NY - more info
Wednesday 5 | The Roxy, Boston, MA - more info
Friday 7 | The Bug Jar, Rochester, NY - more info
Saturday 8 | Kent State Folk Festival, Kent, OH - more info
Monday 10 | 9:30 Club, Washington, DC - more info
Thursday 13 | Orange Peel, Asheville, NC - more info
Friday 14 | Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA - more info
Saturday 15 | Shoreline Ballroom, Hilton Head Island, SC - more info
Sunday 16 | Anti*Pop Music Festival, Orlando, FL - more info
Tuesday 18 | Culture Room, Ft. Lauderdale, FL - more info
Wednesday 19 | Jannus Landing, St. Petersburg, FL - more info
Friday 21 | Stubb's BBQ, Austin, TX - more info
Saturday 22 | Palladium, Dallas, TX - more info
Sunday 23 | Ballroom Marfa, Marfa, TX - more info

1 comment:

yellaphant said...

I luuuurve this band. They are awesome. I love the "story telling" bands, and Frankie's gun rocks. As annoying as XPN's fund drives are to listen to, they put on such great programs and sponsor such awesome concerts that its hard to say no.