Tuesday, May 31, 2011

M Ward: Who the Heck is this Guy Anyway?


M_ward

What I know of musician M. Ward, what I've heard, I can really agree with. Primarily I'm talking about Hold Time and one of the Monsters of Folk albums.

Ward's mellow sound, overall outlook and ability for whimsical yet steady cool 'tude rides well through the music on each of the previously mentioned works.

Lately, I've given thought to listening to more of his albums... so far I can only readily recommend two of them.

Check out ... the of my favorites from the album Hold Time, Epistimology.

11_-_Epistemology.mp3 Listen on Posterous
Too, here's a nice article on M. Ward from the L.A. Times... 

M. Ward's imagination roams free in Portland, where small-scale creativity thrives amid the corporate pop business' decline.

Posted via email from Chris Drinkut Online

No comments: